140 character bio
I’m a husband/father (do not ask me to prioritise), writer, blogger, trainer, consultant and LEARNer – yeah…bit of a mouthful…sorry!
1. What do you do?
In a nutshell, I help students, teachers, teams and institutions “get better” at doing “stuff”…with that they know and LEARN!
2. Why do you do it?
It’s in my DNA…what all of us were imagineered to “do”! Almost became a “banker” (I kid you not)…OMG!
3. What’s the most interesting thing happening in ELT right now?
We are “waking up”…seeing that the way we have been doing business for years…is a bit of a “con”!
4. What do you think the developments in EdTech mean for learners of English?
5. What do you think the developments in EdTech mean for teachers?
Three words…Sh3t (sorry)!…Pressure…
6. What does EdTech mean for publishers?
Less profit…if they do not get their act together! So much “more” profit…if they listen to blokes like me…and ELTjam ;-)!
7. Gamification: a fad or the future?
FAD…in the hands of many! FUTURE…in the hands of (“real”) EDUcators…
8. How will mobile learning transform ELT?
Shiriously? Are you really asking? See #07…
9. What next for online learning?
I agree with Nick 😉 But…those “three words” also come to mind!
10. How will ELT be different 5 years from now?
In my “head”…most TEACHers would be scared…in “practice”…depends how many decide to take the “red” pill – or the “blue” 😉 Shall I “plug” the blog now? Damn that “character” limit!
eltjam: Check out Tony’s incredible blog over at allthingslearning.wordpress.com
Join our mailing list
Get new ELTjam posts & updates straight to your inbox