Matt runs Brightlylit, a specialist digital production company based in Oxfordshire offering innovative digital publishing solutions.
1. What do you do?
We help educational content owners and creators deliver and distribute their content to every platform everywhere.
2. Why do you do it?
To create excellent training content with learners and teachers foremost.
3. What’s the most interesting thing happening in ELT right now?
The publishing bar being set low enough for everyone to get involved.
4. What do you think the developments in EdTech mean for learners of English?
Plus: plugging into different content in different places with different people. Minus: to be sold the idea that teachers aren’t necessary.
5. What do you think the developments in EdTech mean for teachers?
Plus: more time to concentrate on the learner. Minus: more time to worry about the technology.
6. What does EdTech mean for publishers?
A completely new ball game, in every respect.
7. Gamification: a fad or the future?
The present and the future.
8. How will mobile learning transform ELT?
Only patchily until wi fi networks are more uniformly robust and data charges drop.
9. What next for online learning?
Tin Can API looks set to be very interesting. Watch this space.
10. How will ELT be different 5 years from now?
From a technology point of view, it will have caught with where mainstream education is now.
Join our mailing list
Get new ELTjam posts & updates straight to your inbox